A world to conquer, a life to live, I am, I will

Thoughts within me written down in words

torsdag 18 augusti 2011

Forgive yourself to be able to forgive others?


I may have done things that I regret deeply. I may have said some things that I should not have said, and gone to places I wasnt supposed to go. And all the scars that I have, I let them happen. Some of the scars are long gone, and some of them are still healing. How strong are we? How strong do we think we are?

I sure thought I was stronger than this, or maybe I am, maybe I'm growing slowly to become the person I always wanted to be. Taking each step at the time and making things right, for me.

Being true to myself and not putting things that hurt me or upset me in my backpack. Speaking of them almost instantly. Forgiving myself for the stupid things I let myself become upset over. Upsetting over people who are not even worth it. Not anymore.

Some people are just not meant to be in our lives, some of them are just passing through. We laugh, cry and fight with eachother, then its gone, like a train passing by.

Most of the times I wonder what ever happened to the respect we have for eachother? The humanity to treat eachother good, even if we dont know one another. Whatever happened to our understandning and compassion?

Well however, i've made peace with myself, confronting myself that stop being so kind to everyone, sometime its not bad to be bad. Not letting anyone step on you. Showing that you can stand up for yourself and for the one's you love. Because you know what, even if this sounds harsh, there will be no one who thinks of you when you will need it. So dont forget yourself to please others. Be good, do good, speak good and the rest will understand. Unfortunatly age doesnt matter, I always thought that with age you become wiser, but I've learned that there are so many that are older than me, and just thinking of themselves. Not caring if you have something else to do, or something else to say.

So I ask...

Why should we always act like the bigger person?
Why should you have the respect for someone older than you when they don't?
Why should I feel bad for doing something good just because the other person does'nt understand the action?
why.....


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


O&O

1 kommentar: